Marlin 7 is where race-worthy mountain bikes begin. The smooth, lightweight RockShox fork and upgraded parts make this model the best choice for new riders who want a fast cross country hardtail that will hold its own against our higher-end race bikes.
It’s right for you if…
– You’re new to the trail but have serious singletrack aspirations, and want a race-worthy mountain bike with upgrades on the parts that make a big difference in performance, like a higher quality suspension fork and a wide-range 1x drivetrain.
The tech you get
– A light frame with internal shift cable and brake hose cable routing, a smoother-feeling RockShox Judy fork with a lockout, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, and a simple 1x drivetrain that ditches the front derailleur for less clutter and easier operation. Don’t worry, with the wide-range 11-46 cassette, you still get all the gears you need for clawing up climbs and blazing down descents.
The final word
– The RockShox suspension, wide range of gearing, and quality parts make it the best choice in the Marlin lineup for new mountain bikers who know they want a serious bike for their money. It’s fully capable of taking on off-road marathon rides and XC races.
Why you’ll love it
– This is one of our most popular bikes for good reason. You get all the value, plus all the versatility—it’s a totally race-worthy mountain bike, with rear rack mounts if you use it for commuting too
– It’s really fun to ride, and feels like a much more expensive mountain bike
– Great suspension at an even better price
– The 1x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
– Marlin models in XS and S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
Size X-Small – Small: 27.5-inch
Sizes Medium – XX-Large: 29-inch
There are no reviews yet.