Fuel EX 5 is the gateway to full suspension trail bikes. Trail-taming front and rear suspension, a Shimano 1×12 drivetrain, a dropper post for getting low on descents, and hydraulic disc brakes make Fuel EX 5 a high-value, high-performance mountain bike with exceptional versatility.
It’s right for you if…
You’re ready to go full suspension, and you want a versatile trail bike at a great value. You want a ride that’s sure-footed, capable, and responsive so you can stay in control no matter where you’re riding.
The tech you get
A lightweight aluminum frame with a Knock Block steerer stop to protect against spinning bars. A 140mm RockShox Recon Silver fork, 130mm of rear travel with an X-Fusion Pro 2 shock, a durable 12-speed Shimano Deore drivetrain, dropper post, and hydraulic disc brakes.
The final word
You get full suspension performance without the sticker shock. Fuel EX 5 has the same frame technology as our higher-end alloy Fuel EX models with parts chosen to keep the price tag low and stoke level high.
Why you’ll love it:
– You get a high-end ride at an exceptional value with frame features like Boost148 and ABP that give you confident handling and room to upgrade parts as your skills grow
– It has the capability of far more expensive trail bikes: it shreds singletrack and can even handle the occasional XC or enduro race
– The dropper post lets you lower your saddle on the fly so it’s out of the way on descents
– The RockShox fork’s DebonAir spring can easily be adjusted for a specific rider weight, and it’s lighter than a coil spring
– We expanded our size range to ensure a better fit for all riders. And, you get the fastest wheel that fits your frame: XS frames get 27.5″ wheels, S frames get to choose between 27.5″ or 29″, and sizes M to XL get 29″ wheels
There are no reviews yet.