Marlin 5 is a trail-worthy daily rider that’s perfectly suited for everyday adventures, on and off the trail. A suspension fork, 21 speeds, and mounts for a rack and kickstand make it an ideal choice for new trail riders or anyone looking for a comfortable, stable commuter with the ruggedness of a real mountain bike.
It’s right for you if…
You’re new to the trail and you’re looking for a real mountain bike that doubles as a commuter—and you want it all at an exceptional value.
The tech you get
A lightweight aluminum frame with internal shift cable and brake hose routing to protect your cables and add to the bike’s sleek look, 21 speeds, a wide range of gearing so you always have the right gear for your terrain, powerful hydraulic disc brakes, and a suspension fork that takes the edge off bumps and rough terrain.
The final word
It’s built in Trek’s MTB heritage, so you get a great ride for all your adventures. But it’s also versatile, and Marlin 5 is a popular ride on college campuses because the rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize and haul a load.
Why you’ll love it
– It’s a real mountain bike that’s also perfectly suited to daily commutes, rides around campus, or just getting from A to B on any surface
– Smaller frame sizes (XS and S) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
– Marlin models in XS and S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
– Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
– Like every model in the Marlin family, it’s backed by Trek’s lifetime warranty
There are no reviews yet.